Whether it be burning incense sticks, smudge sticks, or using essential oils aromatherapy goes back to ancient civilizations such as the Indians, Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans for therapeutic, spiritual, hygienic and ritualistic purposes.
Since then, we have learned about its modern day use and have incorporated these practices in our daily routine.
The science behind it:
Aromatherapy activates areas in our nose called smell receptors, which send messages through the nervous system to your brain. Different kinds of essential oils can activate different areas of your brain, such as the hypothalamus, which can release those feel-good brain chemicals called Serotonin.
- Increased relaxation and focus: essential oils that contain rosemary, peppermint, and citrus help mental cognition, clarity, and focus.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: herbs such as lavender have been shown to increase calmness
- Sleep aid: lavender is also well-known for its sedative effects and helps you sleep faster.
- Stimulate creativity: burning incense can help boost creativity and flow state by clearing and stimulating the mind.
- Purify your space: burning incense for at least an hour can destroy bacteria lingering in your home.
- Mood booster: smelling pleasurable aromas can make you feel happier, trigger memories, and boost your mood.
Whether you want to relax, purify your home, or change your mood, our wide variety of products can help you reap all the aromatherapy benefits.